So here are 3 lovely friendly people I met last night at PSC.
I am currently doing a final year of study to complete a Bachelor in Photography, and it worked out well for me to take some shots at the PSC symposium for exchange of print credit. Excellent. Printing is very expensive.
However, the people here are 3 VIPs of the photo world, not a good one to mess up!
One the left is Susan Van Wyk, the curator of photography at NGV.
Centre is Daniel Boetker-Smith here is his small list of achievements :
- Co founder of Photobook Melbourne, Director of Asia Pacific Photobook Archive
- Writes for Vault Magazine, Photoeye and Photocell
- Winner of Bowness Photography Prize, Australian Centre for Contemporary Photography Award (documentary) and the Substation Art Prize
- Curated two international photobook events for NGV (Victoria) and MCA (New South Wales)
- Has been on the jury list for the Kassel Photobook Award in Germany
And on the right is Sean Brandt, one of Australias' leading photographers, he has had his work published all over the world and was an assistant for Guy Bourdin.
So, no pressure, right?